September 1st is the date which means that Eurovision season has truly begun, it is around now that selection processes begin to start taking submissions for next year and that we get countries confirming their participation in next years competition
Selections that are underway:
- Denmark – Submissions close on September 7
- Finland – Submissions open today and close September 8
- Macedonia – Submissions close on September 15
- Norway – Submissions close on September 11
- Sweden – Submissions open today and close on September 16
- Switzerland – RSI submissions close on 26 October.
Confirmed as participating or intending to participate so far are:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Bolded names are those of countries pre-qualified for the final.
So let the Eurovision 2016 season begin!