The Sanremo Music Festival San Remo 2015 threw curtain tonight with the announcement of the winner: the Il Volo with the song Grande amore (Big Love), a song that “fit glove” with today’s Valentine’s Day, charmed audience and committees with the the sensational interpretation and won 1st place on the podium of the 65th event of the historic festival.
In tonight’s grand final of the festival competed 16 established artists (category Campioni). Then, based on a mixed voting system – televoting (40%), voting panel of experts (30%) and demographic vote specially selected sample of 300 viewers (giuria demoscopica) (30%) – determined the top three candidate entries gathered by larger voting rates, as follows:
1st place: Il Volo – Grande amore (39%)
2nd place: Nek – Fatti avanti amore (35%)
3rd place: Malika Ayane – Adesso e qui (Nostalgico presente) (26%)
In detail, the ranking of all 16 contestants in tonight’s evening was as follows (the number before each entry indicates the display order and the number in parentheses the finishing position):
01. Marco Masini – Che giorno (6)
02. Nina Zilli – Sola (9)
03. Chiara – Straordinario (5)
04. Dear Jack – Il mondo esplode (7)
05. Malika Ayane – Adesso e qui (3)
06. Nek – Fatti avanti amore (2)
07. Il Volo – Grande amore (1)
08. Annalisa – Una finestra tra le stelle (4)
09. Alex Britti – Un attimo importante (11)
10. Irene Grandi – Un vento senza nome (12)
11. Lorenzo Fragola – Siamo uguali (10)
12. Bianca Atzei – Il solo al mondo (14)
13. Moreno – Oggi ti parlo così (15)
14. Gianluca Grignani – Sogni infranti (8)
15. Grazia di Michele & Mauro Coruzzi – Io sono una finestra (16)
16. Nesli – Buona fortuna amore (13)
As in previous nights, presenters tonight’s final was Carlo Conti, flanked by the singer and winner of last year’s festival, Arisa, singer / songwriter and representative of Italy in last year’s contest of Eurovision, Emma Marrone, and Spanish actress and dancer Rocío Muñoz Morales, while the venue of the event was the famous Teatron Ariston city of San Remo.
Among others, also awarded the following prestigious awards:
Award for best orchestration and Award press room «Lucio Dalla» for the song Fatti avanti amore’s Nek.
Critics Award «Mia Martini» for the song Adesso e qui of Malika Ayane.
So, according to the regulations of the festival song of San Remo, which stipulate that the winner of the event is automatically the right to represent the country in the contest of Eurovision, the Il Volo will have to defend the colors of Italy on 23 May in Vienna, directly to the final of the 60th Eurovision. In bocca al lupo, Italia!